Sunday, January 6, 2008

Welcome everyone

Well I finally did it and got a blog so that I can keep people up to date with what will hopefully be our first breeding season here on Ridgeway Farm. I'm not sure how successful it's been so far Bluff Country Dream Weaver who we all call Dreamer is trying his best with Hermione and Sabrina but he's a young guy (not yet a year) and I'm not sure if he's reached maturity yet so to speak. If nothing happens then he can try again next year but I would love to have lambs here in spring. they are so cute.

Several of the local Shetland breeders are forming a small group so that we can sell as a group both stock and wool. All of the details are just getting started but it's pretty exciting.

I have 7 sheep in total. 1 ram (Dreamer), 5 ewes (Sabrina, Hermione, Amelia, Jewel and Gypsy) and a wether (Zebedee) they share their barn with 3 cats (Miss Kitty, Kfor and Shivers). I'm new to sheep owning, Sabrina is my first sheep - I bottle fed her - and she will be 2 in April. I am hoping to learn more about sheep care especially how people are keeping their sheep clean so that the fleece is in good condition for when they are sheared. Anything really. So feel free to drop me a line, or link to me from you blog and thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment