Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Have you walked your lamb today?

That could also possibly be rephrased as did you drag your lamb today? Yes halter training started today. We only have 4 lambs to train as 3 ram lambs left today for their new home.


It has been a super busy time here with worming taking place last week, ear tags being put in yesterday and then CDT vaccination number one taking place today. Throw halter training in on top of that and I was very please with how everyone did.

Vaughan (who leaves very soon too) after a shakey start really did very well and should make fast progress. His favorite part was all of the attention he got.


Vladamir really took to it and didn't throw himself on on the floor once. What a good boy.


The same could not be said for Eleanor who didn't so much walk, as leap about or just play dead on the ground. Should be fun to train her not to throw herself around in the show ring.


Eliza (who we have also decided to keep) was not really sure about it at first.


But slowly got the hang of it...a little.


How's halter training going where you are, or do you not halter train? I can't believe how fast the lambs are growing up. Where does the time go.

3 comments:

  1. Why yes, in fact, I DID walk my lambs today -- well, three of the four for lack of more halters. It is working so well to lead them out with the ewes, as they want to go with the flock even if they don't like that THING on their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a good idea. Jewel (Eleanor's mother) leads really well so maybe she can come with us next time. Congratulations on your halter training Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. LOL no sheep I am afraid. But I will move our chickens! We have a couple of Bantam mixes. They are sweet.
    I am glad I found your blog. I am going to follow,
    I hope you follow me back. :-)

    ReplyDelete