Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lamb update and my view

This is the view from our deck this morning. It's not a sunny day but the weather is nice and all of the sheep are enjoying the grass.


Sunny had to rub himself across the gate before I closed it. I know he's not a lamb but it's too cute not to share, although I wish I got the shot about 30 seconds later when the gate slide open and he fell sideways onto the grass!


I finally managed to get a good picture of Dakota (left) and Delia (right) both girls are dong very well and looking forward to going to their new home later this year.


Along with Winston who is very handsome and has some lovely looking horn buds so far.


Wilbur will also be leaving for a great new home as a pet wether. I think he'll enjoy all it (maybe not the wethering part lol) but he loves the attention, and is the friendliest of this years lambs.


He'll have his sister Dixie with him who is also very friendly and I am excited to follow their progress as they grow up. I love hearing from the owner with updates and pictures, and helping out where I can by answering any questions.


Wallace (left) also has a new home, isn't he beautiful? I love his fleece. So far William doesn't but I am sure he'll find one soon. Both boys look like horn buds are doing well.


Diana is the only other lamb remaining for sale. Until sold she is happy here and enjoying lamb races and grass.


Derry has been sold and is now living the high life on Beech Hill farm and ice cream stand in New Hampshire where she will be representing the Shetland sheep breed and getting a whole lot of attention. Daisy Mae says she's not going anywhere though. Even though it doesn't look like she'll reach the right size she's too much of a character to part with.


Finally Marcus is now 13 weeks old. He was photographed at SmartPak last weekend by their professional photographer and this is one of the pictures I got. He starts puppy class in a few weeks which will be fun.


I'm still working on my website http://ridgewayfarm.webs.com/ let me know what you think of it. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment