Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Leaving lambs

2 sheep left yesterday and 2 more went today leaving the barn feeling quite empty. I still have my flock and 4 lambs that won't leave until August, and I have 2 lambs arriving in the next few weeks. Still it's sad to say goodbye to these faces. Sorry about the dark pictures we've been having a wet time of it so all of them were taken inside.

I made the hard decision to sell Daisy Mae as a pet. She looked like she would never make weight and I worried about keeping her with 2 rams around. I'll miss her sweet face and funny antics around the farm.


She left with Diana (another tiny tot) to go and live on 200+ acres of pasture with a few other sheep and some mini donkeys. Obviously a hard life.


And today Wilbur (the new wether) and Dixie left for their new home.


It made me happy how excited all of their new owners were as I know they all have great homes. Of course I am very excited to be getting my new sheep. I can't wait to show them off :) Anyway I am off to eat spaghetti and meatballs that my son made for dinner. Have a great night everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding good homes for your lambs! I hope to come home from Black Sheep Gathering with less than I go with, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you Michelle. Try not to buy a few lambs there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Shula. No danger of my BUYING any lambs there, as no one else in this area breeds for polled ram genetics and that's what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finding good homes for your sheepies, Shula! I do so hate to see the little fuzzy faces leave, but I haven't won the lottery....YET! :0)

    ReplyDelete