Thursday, August 5, 2010

A picture free update

Sorry for the lack of pictures but I thought people would like an update. The group of lambs still has a fever, and no other symptoms. The vet came out yesterday and drew blood from several of them for testing. We also changed antibiotics as no noticeable change has been perceived from what they were on. Hope to see some temperature drop Friday. Unfortunately (isn't it always the case) the weather has been very hot and humid these past few days with little relief at night. The fans are going and plenty of shade and cold water is available. The vet said that if we weren't taking their temperatures we would never even know they were sick. I'm trying to hold onto this as a good thing and hope that all of their temperatures will drop into the normal range soon.

Thank you everyone for your support. It has been a very difficult week that would have been much harder without your kind words and ideas.


  1. You have alot of us pulling for you and your sheep.
    Keep your chin up! *hugs* to both the woolies and you! Hope today brings some good news and lower temps...

  2. I am so sorry to hear that you are going thru this with your flock, Shula! I haven't been keeping up to blogs the past week or so, so just noticed your situation this morning. I'm glad that you've got a decent vet working with you now. It sure sounds like you're doing everything that can be done. I'll keep you and all your babies in my prayers! Please keep us updated.

  3. Thanks Donna and Nancy. Temps this morning were in the 102's! Hope they stay that way. They get their last dose of the antibiotic on Sunday evening. So far I am just relieved that all of them are back within a normal temperature range.