Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pictures from England

There were a a few pictures that we downloaded of my mums that were not taken in the States that I thought I would share. These are from a walk at Wittenham Clumps in Oxfordshire http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wittenham_Clumps, a walk I took many times when I lived in England. I love the view from the clumps as well.


From there she walked down to Dorchester-on Thames and around the Abbey. I like the stone work.


You can see all the paintings on the wall, apparently even more impressive in real life, and some great stained glass.



Then the walk back along the Thames river and up the clumps.


All of this with her 2 (soon to be 3) toy poodles Ashley, and Rowan (the doggles are to help her eyes) no doubt, although this is them at the park a few days later in the snow.


Wish I could have been there. I feel quite nostalgic for England and miss it sometimes. Might need to try some fish and chips tomorrow for dinner.

2 comments:

  1. I love these Shula and can so see you there. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex, the pictures don't do justice to the clumps, weird name for a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete