Monday, April 6, 2009

Amelia's lambs

Well this was a very pleasant shock. I went out to the barn to bring the sheep in from the rain and found two little lambs just born. If I was a betting woman I would have lost money because I thought Jewel would be first.


Instead let me introduce RF Chloe. 


And RF Xeno.


Both babies and momma are doing well. Both are black for now but could be any shade of grey. They are out of Amelia who is light grey and Dream Weaver who is black. They should both carry spots although the markings will most likely fade. Hopefully I'll be able to get better pictures in a few days, and maybe the other ewes will feel inspired now to lamb lol. Oh and if that's not enough excitement chicks are due tomorrow or Wednesday and my coop is almost finished. Things are looking up at Ridgeway Farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment